Home About me Posts
I offer tutoring services to families and individual students in any
North American timezone.
I am now offering both online tutoring, and in-person tutoring for students who are fully vaccinated in Manhattan (Uptown) and Queens (west of Corona Park)
I can accomodate at most two students in parallel per month. Currently BOTH slots are open!
- Computer Science/Programming - $60/hr (65 minutes)
- Topics such as: general programming, functional programming, algorithms, Linux, web services, networking, databases/architecture, or anything else you see on my résumé.
- Qualification: I am an experienced, full-time software engineer specializing in backend engineering at a fast-growing startup.
- I have previously tutored subjects such as reading/writing, and math, however am no longer offering these subjects. Sorry about that!
If you choose to buy lessons as a lesson package (recommended), I offer the following package discounts:
- 4-lesson package (one lesson per week): $20 off total package cost
- 8-lesson package (two lessons per week): One lesson is free!
Only packages of 4 or 8 lessons are available, and you can only pay
for additional lesson packages after the 4th or 8th lesson
I accept payment via PayPal, Venmo, cash, or check (latter two for in-person lessons only).
If you’re interested in lessons, or have any questions, please don’t
hesitate to reach out to me at: avi [@t] avigloz [d.ot] net
Please include an appropriate subject line to ensure I read your message (such as “Computer science lessons for my daughter”).
- Any cancellations within 24 hours of a lesson forfeit 25% of the lesson fee, except in serious circumstances. Please take care to cancel as soon as possible, as that will ensure you get your money back.
- No-notice absenteeism (more than 20 minutes late or no-show, with no warning) forfeits 100% of the lesson fee. I will not begin a lesson more than 20 minutes after its scheduled time.
- I reserve the right to cancel individual lessons as needed, or stop giving lessons entirely. Full (prorated) refunds will be issued.